How to Make PDFs Editable in English
Are you tired of filling out PDF forms electronically only to find out you can’t save or send the completed document? Maybe you received a PDF file that requires you to make changes, but you have no idea how to do it. Whatever your reason may be, you’re not alone. In this article, we’ll show you how to make PDFs editable using easy steps that even non-techies can follow.
First, let’s define what an editable PDF is. An editable PDF is a document that you can fill out electronically and make changes to, without the need to print it out and manually fill in the information. By making your PDF files editable, you’ll save time, effort, and avoid any errors or mistakes that may occur from manual input. Whether you’re a business owner, an employee, or just someone who frequently deals with PDFs, this skill will be handy for you. So let’s dive in and learn how to make PDFs editable!
Methods to Make PDFs Editable
PDFs are widely used for sharing documents across the internet. They are an excellent file format for preserving the formatting and layout of a document. However, they are not editable, meaning that the data in the document cannot be changed or altered. This can be a frustrating experience when changes are required to be made to the content of a PDF document. Fortunately, there are a few methods to make PDFs editable.
Here are some methods that you can use to make PDFs editable:
Method 1: Using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is the most popular software for editing PDFs. It allows you to add text to a document, change the font, and tweak its formatting. With Acrobat, you can also change images, add hyperlinks, and rearrange pages. The software also comes with a wide range of editing tools, including a spell checker, text search, and OCR technology.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Word
You can convert a PDF file to a Microsoft Word document to make it editable. In Word, you can then make any necessary changes, such as adding or deleting text or images. When you have finished editing, you can save the Word document as a PDF.
Method 3: Using Google Docs
Google Docs is a free online word processing software that allows you to edit documents online. You can upload a PDF to Google Docs and convert it into a Google Docs file. Then you can make changes to the document and save it as a PDF.
Method 4: Using online PDF editors
There are also many online PDF editors that allow you to make changes to a PDF online. These tools can be convenient, as you do not need to download any software. However, they may not have the full range of features found in Adobe Acrobat.
Method 5: Using PDFelement
PDFelement is a powerful PDF editor that allows you to edit text, images, and pages in a PDF document. It also has OCR technology that allows you to edit scanned PDF files. PDFelement offers a free trial version and has both Mac and Windows versions.
Method 6: Using LibreOffice
LibreOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft Office that also includes a PDF editor. It allows you to edit text, images, and formatting in a PDF. You can also export the edited document as a PDF.
Method 7: Using Inkscape
Inkscape is a free and open-source vector graphics editor that allows you to edit PDFs. You can import a PDF into Inkscape and then make any necessary changes, such as adding or deleting text or images.
Method 8: Using Gimp
GIMP is a free and open-source image editor that provides basic editing capabilities for PDFs. You can import a PDF into GIMP and then make any necessary changes to the images.
Method 9: Using Preview on Mac
Preview is a built-in PDF editor on Mac that allows you to make basic changes to a PDF. You can add or delete text, images, and even sign the document. However, the editing capabilities are limited compared to other options.
Method 10: Hiring a professional
If you need extensive changes to be made to a PDF, you can also hire a professional to edit the document. There are many freelance editors available online who specialize in PDF editing.
These are some of the methods that you can use to make PDFs editable. Depending on your specific needs and budget, you can choose the method that works best for you. With these methods, you can easily make changes to the content of a PDF document, making it a much more versatile file format for your needs.
Best Software for PDF Editing
PDF editing software is essential for creating editable PDFs. There are many software programs you can use to edit PDFs, but some are better than others. In this section of the article, we’ll explore the best software for PDF editing.
1. Adobe Acrobat: Adobe Acrobat is the industry standard for PDF editing software. It has a wide range of editing tools, which makes it a popular choice for professionals.
2. Nitro Pro: Nitro Pro is a leading PDF editor with advanced features. It allows you to create, edit, and convert PDF files.
3. Foxit PhantomPDF: Foxit PhantomPDF is a user-friendly PDF editing software. It has a wide range of editing, commenting, and collaboration tools.
4. PDF-XChange Editor: PDF-XChange Editor is a comprehensive PDF editor that allows you to edit text, images, and links. It also has advanced features such as OCR and form filling.
5. Sejda PDF Editor: Sejda PDF Editor is a simple and easy-to-use PDF editor. It has basic editing tools such as adding text, images, and shapes.
6. Wondershare PDFelement: Wondershare PDFelement is an all-in-one PDF editing software. It has a range of features such as editing, annotating, and converting PDF files.
7. PDFescape: PDFescape is a free online PDF editor that allows you to edit PDF files without downloading any software.
8. Inkscape: Inkscape is a free vector graphics editor that allows you to edit PDF files. It has advanced features such as design tools and layer support.
9. LibreOffice Draw: LibreOffice Draw is a free and open-source PDF editor. It allows you to edit and create PDF files with various tools such as text, images, and shapes.
10. Microsoft Word: Microsoft Word is a popular word processing software that can be used for editing PDF files. It has basic editing tools and can convert PDF files to Word documents.
In conclusion, choosing the right software for PDF editing can make a big difference in your productivity and efficiency. These top 10 PDF editing software programs have various features that fit different needs and preferences. Experiment with them to find the one that works best for your needs.
Methods for Making PDFs Editable
There are several methods you can use to make your PDFs editable. Below, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best techniques.
Using Adobe Acrobat DC
The most reliable and efficient way of making a PDF editable is by using Adobe Acrobat DC. This tool is specifically designed for creating, editing, and managing PDF files. With Adobe Acrobat DC, you have several options for making your PDF editable, including:
– Using the Edit PDF tool to modify the existing content in your PDF file
– Using the Export PDF tool to convert PDF files to editable formats such as Microsoft Word or Excel
– Using the Create PDF tool to create a PDF file from scratch and make it editable
Converting PDF to Google Docs
Another method for making a PDF editable is by converting it to a Google Docs file. Google Docs is a free online document editing tool that allows you to edit and share documents across various devices. To convert a PDF to Google Docs, follow these steps:
1. Open Google Drive and sign in to your account
2. Click on “New” and select “File upload”
3. Select the PDF file you want to convert and click on “Open”
4. Right-click on the uploaded file and select “Open with” and choose “Google Docs”
Once the PDF is converted to a Google Docs file, you can edit the content and save it as a PDF or any other format.
Using Online PDF Editors
Several online PDF editors allow you to edit PDF files without installing software on your computer. These editors are perfect for those who need to edit PDFs occasionally and don’t want to invest in software. Some popular online PDF editors include:
These online editors offer various tools for editing PDFs, including adding text, images, and signatures.
Converting PDF to Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is a popular word processing tool used by many businesses worldwide. You can easily convert your PDF file to a Word file and make it editable using Word’s editing tools. Here’s how:
1. Open Microsoft Word and click on “File”
2. Select “Open” and choose the PDF file you want to convert
3. Click on “Open” and select “OK” to confirm the PDF conversion
4. Edit the content in your Word file as needed
5. Save the file as a PDF or any other compatible format
Using PDF Conversion Software
PDF conversion software allows you to convert PDF files to editable formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. Some popular PDF conversion software includes:
– Nitro PDF Pro
– Foxit PhantomPDF
– Able2Extract Professional
These tools offer various editing options once you convert your PDF file to an editable format.
|Adobe Acrobat DC||Highly reliable and efficient||Expensive|
|Converting PDF to Google Docs||Free and easy to use||May not retain all formatting|
|Using Online PDF Editors||Free and no installation required||May not offer advanced editing options|
|Converting PDF to Microsoft Word||Easy to use and retains most formatting||May not retain all formatting|
|Using PDF Conversion Software||Efficient and offers advanced editing options||Expensive and requires installation|
Thanks for Reading!
I hope this article has helped you in learning how to make PDFs editable. Now, you can easily edit your PDFs without any hassle. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. Don’t forget to visit us again for more exciting topics, tips, and tricks. See you soon!